Managing Difficult Conversations
December 16, 2021 - December 15, 2024
Difficult conversations within the workplace are a reality for most people today – especially those who work in HR, Management and client facing roles. Whether it’s an employee appraisal, a disciplinary procedure, resolving employee conflicts or handling a sensitive customer service issue – this workshop will equip your team with the communication skills required to masterfully manage even the most difficult conversations with greater authority, empathy and control.
Through this workshop participants will:
- Become more confident when dealing with stressful situations.
- Learn how to stay in control in highly charged scenarios.
- Understand the mind / body connection and its role in communication.
- Understand the importance of boundaries and structure.
- Understand the importance of empathy when delivering bad news.
- Learn the impact of Grounding & Breath Control on Stress Management.
- Understand the role of emotions in stressful situations
- Learn active listening techniques
- Learn how to build rapport with your audience
ROLEPLAYING WITH PROFESSIONAL ACTORS
To bring real-world scenarios to life, upon request we can incorporate role-playing exercises with professional actors where participants can apply their newly acquired communication skills – with ongoing guidance and feedback from our Senior Tutor.