- This event has passed.
Open Course: Personal Impact & Influence (In Person)
March 3 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Whether you’re a soft-spoken graduate looking to make a good first impression – or a seasoned manager hoping to have a more empathetic communication style, taking time to analyse how you come across to others can be a crucial first step in transforming your performance at work.
By examining your natural Personal Impact and the impact it has on others, you can begin to develop a stronger, more impactful approach to interpersonal communications – allowing you to engage with, influence and inspire others like never before.
Through a series of practical exercises and engagements, you will have the opportunity to increase your personal impact by getting a deeper understanding of the importance of clear and focused verbal and non-verbal communication skills which can allow you to engage with stakeholders in a more meaningful way.
Working alongside like-minded individuals from other organsiations, you will explore the three channels of communication – the body, breath and voice – and will learn the techniques to come across with greater authority, empathy impact and influence. By following a tried and tested approach to conifident communication, you will improve your interpersonal skills and maximise your performance in a variety of situations such as: staff briefings; leading meetings; networking events; interviews and appraisals – allowing you to hold your space and relate to others with ease.
- Build greater awareness of your own communication style
- Examine the impact that posture & body language has on your presence and impact
- Learn relaxation techniques to help you when you are communicating
- Practice articulation exercises to improve the clarity of your speech
- Develop an open style which portrays confidence and authority
- Discover how to adapt your communication style to suit any situation
- Understand the impact of active listening in communication
- Understand how to use the Body, Breath and Voice to maximum effect when communicating with others.
- Build and portray self-confidence