- This event has passed.
Open Course: Public Speaking – Fighting the Fear (In-Person)
February 9 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm€485.00
If you’re among the estimated 75% of the world’s population that suffers from Glossophobia, or the fear of public speaking – then this practical communication skills workshop will equip you with a toolkit of tips, tricks and techniques that will help you to overcome nerves, minimize the feeling of anxiety – and deliver a confident authentic performance when speaking in public, even in highly pressurised environments.
This practical public speaking course incorporates a range of theoretical, practical and performance modules used to train professional actors – which focus on using the Body, Breath and Voice to maximum effect. Under the expert guidance of our Voice & Performance coach you will learn breathing, mindfulness and tension release exercises that will help you to overcome your fear of public speaking in both your professional and personal life.
Public Speaking: Fighting the Fear is ideal for anyone who has to deliver public addresses, presentations or lead meetings due to being promoted to a new position – or indeed is faced with the challenge of delivering speeches in their personal life.
By the end of this public speaking course, you will:
- Understand what triggers anxiety and fear when it comes to public speaking – and learn to identify early signals.
- Learn breathing techniques which help to minimise the physical symptoms of nerves – including accelerated heartbeat, nausea, muscle tension, shaking & trembling, weak / shaky voice, shortness of breath.
- Understand the role of the Body, Breath and Voice in confident communication.
- Learn techniques to help you reset any mistakes made whilst speaking in public.
- Understand the befefits of proper preparation ahead of any public speaking engagement.
- Learn how to remain present and focused when speaking in public
- Understand what Imposter Syndrome is – and how you can overcome it
- Learn a range of vocal techniques which help portray confidence and authority when speaking in public.