- This event has passed.
Open Course: The Clear and Confident Voice
May 17 @ 7:00 pm - June 21 @ 8:30 pm€475.00
Unlock the power of your voice and become a more engaging and confident communicator with The Clear and Confident Voice. Our comprehensive public speaking and vocal skills course is designed and delivered by Cathal Quinn, The Lir Academy’s Head of Voice.
Through a series of dynamic and interactive sessions, this course introduces participants to a range of practical skills that can be easily employed to improve their performances.
Exploring vocal techniques such as pacing, enunciation, tone and clarity, participants can grow their confidence while public speaking and increase their personal impact and influence.
With expert guidance, you will learn to cultivate greater physical and vocal presence, enhance breath support and strengthen your voice to increase it’s range and carrying power.
As you progress through the programme, you will gain a deeper understanding of the key elements involved in both verbal and non-verbal communication. You will learn how to portray a confident and authentic self when speaking in public, and how to conquer nerves and fear of public speaking. With a focus on emotional connection, discover how to use your voice to engage and inspire your audience, regardless of the size or context.
At the end of the course, you will have a range of skills at your disposal that will help you communicate with flexibility, authenticity, and impact. You will recognise the influential power of clear and confident communication and be equipped to apply these skills in various settings, including communicating and leading small teams.
By the end of the course you will:
- Learn approaches and techniques that will make you a more engaging, skillful and confident communicator.
- Learn the basic techniques involved in both verbal & non-verbal communication.
- Know how to portray a confident and authentic self when speaking in public.
- Learn how to conquer nerves and fear of public speaking.
- Learn how to use the vocal techniques to make an emotional connection with your audience.
- Understand how to use the voice to connect with audiences of various sizes and in different contexts – ideal for communicating and leading small teams.
- Have a range of skills at your disposal which develop flexibility, authenticity and impact.
- Recognise the influential power of clear & confident communication.